10/31/11

Caudal WHAT?!

New truths... I have a disabled child. I am horrible at taking care of a newborn. I love that my baby is not trying to grow up too fast... yet... I have a very supportive family and team of doctors. 
Update... My 5mo old has whats called Caudal Regression Syndrome (also known as Sacral Agenesis). This means her spine is not fully formed and she is missing the nerves that correspond with the missing lumbar vertebrae. She is missing half of L3, all of L4 and L5, her sacrum and tailbone. It effects her kidneys, bladder, and all control of her bladder and bowels. She does therapy, but will probably never walk. Cognitively she is fine, which is a huge relief. Her name is Anna Jean, and she was made in God's image, so she is perfect. 
Also, family life is going great! My oldest daughter is doing awesome! She's the best, proudest big sister there ever was! She understands sister is different, but she doesn't pity her. My parents have moved back to my area, which is fantastic. I also have 2 young sisters who still live at home and it's great to see them on a daily basis! I cannot explain how important it is to have your family close. My MIL is also wonderful and takes a great deal off my shoulders by keeping my munchkins for me when I've had all I can take! 
I chose this life, I chose to be the mommy and wife that I am. If I'm going to be a stay at home mom, I'm going to be the best stay at home mom there ever was. I knew my child would have problems when I was pregnant, and I'm so lucky the first diagnoses they gave her were TOTALLY off. I'm luck God trusts me with this beautiful, special child. I'm lucky to have my 4yr old, who is a total genius (she'll tell you if you ask, lol) and a big helper. One day I'll be old and have an empty house, and I want to look back and remember these days and be proud of myself for making my children's lives as wonderful as possible. Today is Halloween, and we can't wait to go trick or treating!!!!! I am such a lucky lady!

1 comment:

  1. What a great testimony to God's goodness. Keep on trusting in him - he will provide for sweet Anna Jean.

    ReplyDelete