6/20/11

The Truth

So, TRUTH. What a powerful word. The truth is I'm a loving wife, devoted mother of two, and we are poor. The truth is my husband works his ass off for next to nothing. The truth is I have a very loving, large, loud, Catholic (immediate) family spread all over the south. The truth is I didn't finish college, instead I decided to get married and have babies. The truth is, I wish I had the time and money to finish college, so we could have more money and a better life. Money may not fix everything, but being able to pay bills on time and have something left over sure would be nice. The truth is I'm tired. Chasing babies, running errands and cleaning house is seriously enough to wear a person out. Tired of running around like a chicken with my head cut off to make everyone else happy. The truth is I'm a people pleaser, so I will ALWAYS go out of my way for others, and if there was no one to make happy I wouldn't be happy.The truth is I am sorta happy. Happy for the ability to have children, happy my husband thinks the earth revolves around our family alone. Happy to have a few friends that I can talk to. Happy I have finally realized my personal life is, in fact, personal and I don't have to share everything with everyone.
But thats enough for now, here are a few "truths": The milk will always be empty or sour the second you need it. Toddlers will always say or do exactly what you told them not to do, because it MUST be fun. Little girl children are born with attitude, and boy children are born with energy. Just because a woman is a mother does not make her an idiot. Teenage pregnancy has gotten out of hand. Gas prices are crazy, but serious job security for my father. Idiots are everywhere, and they are job security for my husband. The southern part of our great country is the most beautiful place ever. Driving through the Rocky Mountains is stressful enough to make you crap your pants. Being poor is a vicious cycle, passed down from generation to generation. The parenting skills of Americans seem to be dwindling. The public school system in this country is enough to scare me. The word "drama" has taken on the worst meaning in the past decade, some people will go out of their way to start crap just so they have something to talk about later. Children see things in the most truthful light, and we should listen to what they think.
That is all for now, Good morning everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment