11/12/11

Husband-napping!

Holidays and family events are coming soon!! This said, I am going to admit, I WANT TO BE SELFISH!! 

I am in desperate need of some ME time. Well, let me rephrase, COUPLE time. I wanna kidnap my hubby and run away! 
I love my family, I love his family, but we need time alone. 
With our financial situation there is no escape in sight. There are bills, doctor visits, work, gifts, etc. that all come before frivolous things. 
My children and their happiness mean more to me that a night on the town, yet I feel held hostage by the four walls of my home.
I am a slave to my own guilt. My parents NEVER had a date when I was a child. I have four sisters, and I never remember my beloved parents leaving us with a sitter to go have fun. I don't even remember my mom getting out of the house alone to grocery shop!
I have high expectations of myself as a mother and I feel I am sabotaging my relationship with my husband to reach these high goals. 
Maybe next payday we will run away. Maybe not...

Gosh I feel like I'm rambling, but these are my thoughts!


1 comment: